MK's Reflections: Reaffirmation and Positivity for Coping with Chronic Illness
Coping with Chronic Illness
- Eat well (nutrient-dense, anti-inflammatory yummies), hydrate, rest, & rejuventate, and get movement into your body for physical wellness!
- Engage emotionally and mentally supporting activities for your emotional and mental wellness: smiling, laughing, hugging & loving & connecting with happy peeps, creative efforts & arts, sitting in nature, reassuring yourself with positivity and reaffirmations, and more will help your emotional and mental state.
- In turn, the better you feel physically, the better you do mentally and emotionally. Likewise, the better you feel emotionally and mentally, the better you do physically.
Supporting Your Overall Mental, Emotional, & Physical Health and Wellness (and with Chronic Illness)
So today in loving support of your overall mental, emotional, and physical wellness, I give you Positivity and Reaffirmation to help you cope with the challenges in your life and/or chronic illness!
Here are a few of my lil Positivity and Reaffirmation mantras you might find helpful:
- I am ok. I am going to be ok. I am getting better.
- I am healthy getting healthier. Stronger getting stronger. I will heal.
- I can control my breathing, and when I slow down my breathing and do paced breathing, I reduce my inflammation and stress, which helps me cope and heal.
- Focus on what is working.
- Focus on what I can do in the moment to help my body cope and heal with this current challenge.
- Every little bit I do is better than not doing anything at all for myself and my wellness.
- I am worth 10 minutes of my time ... to do some yoga, to eat something nutrient-dense, to do some paced breathing, etc ...
- Stop. Close your eyes. Breathe. What is happening? What do you need to cope and heal? Give yourself these things.
- I can do this ... I AM doing this!
- Be gentle with myself.
- Surround myself with peeps who love and support me ... and who will hug me extra lots until I feel better!
- Love my challenged body and work with myself to navigate this challenge.
So even though I don't feel well, I have a strong toolkit filled with helpers for coping, and I know I just need to gently dig in and take it one breath at a time. It will pass. I just need to give myself time and what I need to cope and heal. And even though I don't feel well right now, it seems like the perfect time to write this to you ... cuz I'm in the moment. I'm very present with how I feel. So I can share in authenticity to hopefully be able to help you find your "feeling better again" soon!